Diagnose Dump Trailer
WIRING DIAGRAM INFORMATION
Pump Wiring Diagram
Before you start testing the wiring and controls make sure your dump trailers battery is charged to at least 12 volts dc. If you don't have a battery load tester to test the battery at least depress the test button on the battery charger to check the battery charge state. You will need a DC voltmeter, 12 volt test light or power probe to test your dump trailer properly.
If The Pump Does Not Run Start here
- Start by connecting the ground clamp of your test light to the negative battery post and touch the point to the positive post to make sure the test light lights up.
- Now touch the test light to the dump trailer solenoid positive battery cable light should be on.
- When you push the up or down button while touching the Small White wire at the motor solenoid the pump motor should run. If the light does not light up on one or both buttons either the controller input voltage (usually the black wire) is missing, or the push controller is bad.
- If the above tests okay touch the large terminal opposite the positive battery terminal on the motor solenoid if test light lights and motor still does not run, and you are sure battery voltage is normal the pump motor has lost its ground or the pump motor itself is bad.
If Pump Runs But Box Does not go up or down start here
WARNING A Low or under charged battery will allow pump to run and SOUND NORMAL but will not allow enough power to activate fluid solenoids to allow them to open the up and down valves properly. If Battery Voltage is low trailer will go up but wil not come down even with pump motor running.
Recheck the battery state of charge before assuming the pump on your dump trailer is bad.
- Check all small wires and make sure they are connected to the small fluid control solenoids. Also check the small grey wires leading away from the two fluid solenoids and make sure they attach to a solid ground point.
- While pushing the up button probe the solenoid at the red wire, if the light is on the solenoid is getting power.
- While pushing the Down button probe the terminal where green wire attaches to the dump trailer fluid solenoid it should light up.
If both wires are lighting up and box still does not go up or down please call us for further assistance.